These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that Ledgerscope provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service. These Terms were last updated on 24th May 2012.
"Credit" means a credit which may have been given free or has been purchased in accordance with clause B.1.
"Conversion" means the conversion of one unique information set from one third party software package to another in accordance with the packages supported as specified on the Website.
"Confidential Information" includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorised disclosure by the other party.
"Data" means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.
"Extraction Software" means the software downloaded from the Website for the purpose of extraction of information from third party software.
"Intellectual Property Right" means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
"Service" means the online data conversion service made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Movemybooks) via the Website and the Extraction Software.
"Website" means the Internet site at the domain www.movemybooks.com or any other site operated by Movemybooks.
"Movemybooks" means Ledgerscope Limited which is registered in England and Wales, company number 07224872 and all current and future global subsidiaries of Ledgerscope Limited.
"Invited User" means any person or entity, other than the Subscriber, that uses the Service with the authorisation of the Subscriber from time to time.
"Subscriber" means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
"You" means the Subscriber, and where the context permits, an Invited User. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
A. USE OF SOFTWARE
- Movemybooks grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that, subject to any applicable written agreement between the Subscriber and the Invited Users, or any other applicable laws:
- the Subscriber determines who is an Invited User;
- the Subscriber is responsible for all Invited Users' use of the Service;
- the Subscriber controls each Invited User's level of access
- if there is any dispute between a Subscriber and an Invited User regarding access the Subscriber shall decide what access or level of access to the relevant Data or Service that Invited User shall have, if any.
B. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- Payment obligations: You are required to purchase a Credit for every Conversion You wish to undertake. The price of Credits will be as indicated on the Website at the time of Your purchase of Credits. Following completion of purchase You will be provided with an invoice via email.
- Use of Credits: You must use Credits within 3 months of their purchase. The use of one Credit entitles You to one Conversion.
- General obligations: You must only use the Service, Website and Extraction Software for Your own lawful internal business purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Movemybooks or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorised to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
- Access conditions: You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Movemybooks of any unauthorised use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Movemybooks will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Movemybooks reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Movemybooks's computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
- not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Movemybooks's computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party's computing systems and networks;
- not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
- not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
- not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
- not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
- Usage Limitations: Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to Conversion volumes. Any such limitations will be specified within the Service.
- Communication Conditions: As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (including the support community hosted by Get Satisfaction), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use). When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. Movemybooks is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. However, Movemybooks does reserve the right to remove or edit any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
- Indemnity: You indemnify Movemybooks against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Movemybooks.
C. CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
- Confidentiality: Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
- Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
- Each party's obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- The provisions of clauses C.1.1 and C.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
- is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
- is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
- is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
- is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
D. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- General: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Movemybooks (or its licensors).
- Ownership of Data: Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. You grant Movemybooks a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
- Backup of Data: You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Movemybooks adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Movemybooks expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
- Third-party applications and your Data: You acknowledge that Movemybooks will allow the providers of third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the provision of the Service. Movemybooks shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
E. WARRANTIES AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Authority: You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
- Acknowledgement: You acknowledge that:
- You are authorised to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorised to use the Service. You are also authorised to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
- Movemybooks has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
- You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
- You are responsible for authorising any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Movemybooks has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorisation and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
- You will indemnify Movemybooks against any claims or loss relating to:
- Movemybooks's refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
- Movemybooks's making available information or Data to any person with Your authorisation.
- The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an "as is " basis and at Your own risk.
- Movemybooks does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted, bug or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Movemybooks is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
- Movemybooks is not Your accountant and use of the Services does not constitute the receipt of accounting advice. If You have any accounting questions, please contact an accountant.
- It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable accounting, tax and other laws. It is Your sole responsibility to check that a Conversion has resulted in accurate data transfer between third party software and that all numbers, balances and information are correct.
- No warranties: Movemybooks gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Movemybooks does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
- Consumer guarantees: You warrant and represent that You are acquiring the right to access and use the Services for the purposes of a business and that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the supply of the Services, the Website or these Terms.
F. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Movemybooks excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage to goodwill or reputation resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
- If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Movemybooks's negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Movemybooks arising from Movemybooks's negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to price paid by You for the Credits used on the relevant Conversions.
- If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause G.
- No period: The Service is provided on a Conversion by Conversion basis.
- Prepaid Credits: Movemybooks will not provide any refund for any remaining prepaid credits.
- No-fault termination: These Terms will apply whenever you use the Service. You can terminate this agreement by giving notice to Movemybooks that you wish your account (and any associated Data) deleted.
- Breach: If You:
- breach any of these Terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
- breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied; or
- You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
Movemybooks may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
- Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
- Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
- Take either of the actions in sub-clauses 4, 5 and 6 of this clause G(4) in respect of any or all other persons whom You have authorised to have access to Your information or Data.
- Accrued Rights: Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
- Expiry or termination: Clauses B.6, C, D, E, F, G and I survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
- Technical Problems: In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Movemybooks. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Movemybooks on the Website or failing that post your question on the support forum hosted by Get Satisfaction.
- Service availability: Whilst Movemybooks intends that the Service should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Service or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place. If for any reason Movemybooks has to interrupt the Service for longer periods than Movemybooks would normally expect, Movemybooks will use reasonable endeavors to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
- Waiver: If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
- Delays: Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
- No Assignment: You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Movemybooks's prior written consent.
- Governing law and jurisdiction: This Agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and You hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
- Severability: If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
- Notices: Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Movemybooks must be sent to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to You by Movemybooks. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
- Rights of Third Parties: A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.